Make the place for rest comfortable with flagstone fire pit
Flagstone fire pit is very popular today; it is an important decorative and functional element.First of all it is necessary to pay attention to ergonomics and fire safety.
Place it at the distance of at least 3 meters from the wooden buildings. Try not to organize a flagstone patio fire pit near motor-car parking and high trees. Take into account the closeness of the neighbor’s place (no less than 3m). To avoid smoke it is recommended to place it no closer than 5m from your own house.
As a rule, the flagstone fire pit area consists of the area with a cover on a solid basis with the diameter of about 2-3m, a fireplace itself, which is located in the middle (portable or stable type) and a path to the house.
A lawn or paved section includes a resting place: table, chairs (seats), and benches. The distance to the fire must be at least 1m.
For organizing a place near the campfire, tile for garden paths, gravel or pebbles can be used. One can easily place different furniture for garden on such a wide plate (chairs, benches).
A circular bench with backs is an ideal variant for the people who are going to spend much time near the fireplace. To make place more comfortable and relaxing it can be decorated with rugs and you can also put on the benches decorative pillows and blankets.
There are many flagstone fire pit ideas. You can lay out a path leading from the campfire to the house and arrange little street lights along it. This area around the fireplace can be made in the shape similar to the sun with rays.
It is not so difficult to make a place near the campfire. The main things you need are: building materials, precise calculations, maximum free time, imagination and creativity.
Fire pit stone will serve you for a long time
Fire pit stone is a part of the general style of the infield where family and guests will often gather for spending good time together.
Regardless of the type of the fire bowl, it should meet some simple, but important requirements, such as:
- resistance to high temperature;
- good resistance to corrosion and physical impact;
- the capability to place the bowl on any type of soil;
- absence of harmful substances for people and nature, which may evaporate when the temperature rises;
- easiness in cleaning and long operating cycle without replacement or repair.
The materials which are used for building outdoor stone fire pit:
- Fire-brick. When facing the stationary type of the pit different types of stones can be used, but only fire-brick should touch the campfire. The peak firing temperature of the wood is 800-900 C and the coal – is up to 1200 C.
- Concrete is often used in homemade stationary fireplace.
- As a rule, granite campfire bowl are made in the form of a bowl or a flowerpot and anchored into the ground.
- Heat-resistant metal is durable, light and has the best decorative features.
- Ceramics can even compete with the brick.
You can either buy a ready stone fire pit construction or you can make it with your own hands. For this purpose you should dig a hole (at least 30 centimeters) and put it round with stone for fire pit.
There is even more simple method – just dug-in an old metal barrel. It should be placed at the level or above the ground and form a stone rise.
The space around the bowl (with the diameter of about 1.5m) is necessary to fill up with gravel or lay out with tiles. For this purpose such materials are used: gravel, pebbles, tile for the paths.
It is convenient to put the chairs, benches and other garden furniture on the broad, flat plate. Circular bench with backs will be perfect for sitting around the campfire site.