The flagstone patio is an excellent place to relax and rest. This part of garden territory is not difficult to maintain. There are different ways how to clean flagstone patio, you can use simple tools and not waste a lot of time for such a process. It is better to use safe cleaning products so as not to harm your health and not damage the flagstone covering.
I offer a detailed cleaning process description for such a zone, which will be simple and inexpensive. Try my helpful tips and prepare your flagstone patio for your guests’ visit in half an hour.
Easy Ways to Clean Flagstone Patio
Some cleaning products are ammonia based. Use this carefully so as not to damage your skin.
Some cleaning fluids for such patios can be quite corrosive and will damage the flagstone. The easiest way is to use strong water pressure. Finally, you can hire a company to clean the patio area quickly and efficiently.
Cleaning Flagstone with vinegar
Vinegar is a great way to clean flagstone. You need to apply vinegar, wait a little and then wash off with water.
You will see results in just half an hour, your patio will be clean and safe.
- First, you need to remove the dry debris. Use a stiff broom to remove dry leaves, twigs, and other things from surfaces and crevices;
- Vinegar contains antibacterial substances of a natural type. This will not harm your patio, but rather rid the surface of mold and algae;
- Cleanse the flagstone with plain vinegar (not balsamic or apple cider vinegar). Mix water and vinegar and spray onto the patio surface. Bypass vegetation, this solution is not toxic but can harm plants and flowers.
How to Scrub Flagstone Right
A flagstone in open spaces needs maintenance because this material receives many external harmful influences (wind, rain, snow, sun). First, you need to remove moisture from the surface and from the gaps between the stone slabs.
Second, for nice cleaning flagstone, remove debris, dirt and dust. Take away mildew and its stains with special detergents and a brush.
If you’ve used bleach, it will be easier to clean the stone out with a hose. It is also important to remove fungus and mold that accumulates even under stale leaves. Choose a special product for such a surface that does not destroy the stone and does not stain.
This should be a low pH level and it is best to apply the detergent with a sponge, mop, or low pressure spray.
Special Tips for Cleaning
Here are some tips to help your backyard flagstone surface last longer.
You can use this type of stone because it is a great solution for patios, gazebos and various seating areas in the garden.
- After washing, dry the bottom of the flowerpots to prevent rust build-up;
- To keep flagstone patio clean, always remove dry leaves to prevent them from rotting and staining the surface of the slabs;
- You can cover your entire patio area or make individual slabs. Taking care of such small ones is also easy, but you will spend less time;
- The surface can be cleaned with an industrial cleaner. This procedure is recommended to be done once a year because there is a strong pressure there. Cleaning with vinegar and water can be done once a month;
- Please note that detergents will drip off. Make sure that runoff does not reach the plants, their roots or leaves.
We want to make our garden not only beautiful but also comfortable. Certainly, it requires care.
You take care of your flowers, the pool, the area with the gazebo, and so on. But the patio area also needs maintenance. If you have chosen flagstone material then use the available points for quality cleaning.