Milk has been known for its skin moisturizing and softening qualities for centuries. A famous example of using milk for bathing procedures is an Egyptian queen Cleopatra, who was famous for taking milk bathes quite often and looking wonderful.
So, if you are eager to try and create a milk bath bomb by yourself, go ahead! You will be surprised how easy it is and how pleasant your bathing will get in the future.
By the way, milk powder is an excellent ingredient for making bombs as it holds the shape better than the bath bombs with just cornstarch.
So, let’s start and see how these fizzy things can be made with your own hands.
A big advantage of such bombs is that you can add any essential or natural oil for fragrance or additional useful effect for your body. So, there are several variants of a recipe.
How to Make Natural Vanilla Milkshake Bath Bomb
Vanilla Milk Bath Bomb Recipe
- bath bomb molds
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 3 tsp fractionated coconut oil
- 2/3 tsp vanilla essential oil
- 2 1/2 tsp water
- The basic substances for creating a milk bath bomb are one cup with baking soda, half a cup of citric acid and the same amount of milk powder. You may also add half a cup of cornstarch (but that is not obligatory) and some ground sea salt, as it is very useful for skin. You have to mix them together in one cup.
- Then, the wet substances may be one tea spoon of almond oil and one tea spoon of coconut oil (also, you might add some grape seed oil, shea butter or cocoa butter) and up to 20 drops of some essential oil for odor. Keep in mind that shea and cocoa butter are solid and they need to be heated a little to become liquids. Choose the oils and fragrances according to your desires and likes and bathing will get really enjoyable for you.
- So, mix all the ingredients and make sure the blend is homogeneous, add one tea spoon of water to it. Check if the blend is not too wet or dry. If it is ready to be put into the molds, do so and leave them dry for a night or four-five hours.
- You might use different food colouring to have various colours for your bombs or just enjoy the white colour. Your useful bath bombs are ready!