There are so many kinds of bath bombs and if you try making them at home with your kids or by yourself, you can choose among tons of variants for them, including colours and oils. But one of the most popular fizzies are homemade mermaid bath bombs.
Preparing them is great for kids having some time together or just spending an evening in a family circle.
Fairytale mermaid bombs are usually loved by kids for a Mermaid Bathing Ritual, but they are also suitable for adults with that sparkling water. Their usual colous is blue, green or turquoise with various tints, as it reminds people of the sea or ocean.
The basic materials are relatively the same and the fragrances and additional oils may vary according to your preferences.
Mermaid Bath Bombs
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 2 1/3 tsp fractionated coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 20 drops teal gel
- 2/3 tbs iridescent glitter
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 1/2 tsp water approximately
- bath bomb molds
- For a basic recipe, you need to take baking soda – one cup, half a cup of cornstarch and citric acid (it makes the fizzy effect). Sometimes, you may add one third cup of Epsom salts. Also, finely ground sea salt may be added, small amount of it to create the real sea effect from these lovely mermaid bath bombs. That is for the dry components.
- As to the wet substances, you need to blend about two table spoons of coconut oil or almond oil. Also, you may take one tsp of coconut and one tsp of almond oil, or any other useful oil or butter.
- The essential oils that you might use can be lavender oil, chamomile oil, lemon or orange oil, rose essential oil or rosehip oil etc. The choice is really wide, just choose the best for you and your family or friends. The amount of these fragrances will vary from 10 to 20 drops. You may also make a mixture of oils.
- Mix all the substances, both wet and dry ones and then add about one tea spoon of water, blend all this mixture together very well.
- Many kids love bathing with glitter and you can add some glitter into your bombs and enjoy the most sparkling bath ever.
- As these bombs are related to mermaids, don’t forget to get food colouring. It might be gel colouring or just usual one. Dye your bombs into blue, green or turquoise tints, make them look marine.