If you wanted to taste the birds, and the chicken has already become boring, then an excellent option to diversify the menu would be slow-roasted duck legs. They are not only different unusual taste, but also rich in nutrients.
Duck fat contains such an element valuable to the human brain as Omega-3 polyunsaturated acids. Also in duck meat there are A, E, K and B vitamins. But the main value of duck meat is, of course, animal proteins.
Duck legs, due to the fact that they are much less popular than, for example, chicken, are most likely an ingredient in the cuisine of high, and the dishes from them belong to the delicacies. Especially often of duck cooked in European cuisine. They add red and white wine, various French sauces, as well as a variety of side dishes of vegetables or cereals, such as rice and buckwheat.
Duck legs, roasted in the oven, are prepared quite quickly and simply. A mixture of spices specially selected for duck will give the duck legs a warming aroma of wood, baking at a low temperature will make them soft, but keep all the juices inside, and the crisp will surely please everyone who loves delicious poultry dishes.
Slow-Roasted Duck Legs
- 2 duck legs about 1 pound
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 3 ounces canola oil
- 1/2 tspn ground clove
- 1/2 tspn ground coriander
- 1/2 tspn cinnamon
- 1/2 tspn allspice
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, ground clove, allspice and coriander with a pestle or grind using a grinder. Add salt and dried garlic, olive and canola oil, mix and coat the duck legs with this mixture. Make several longitudinal and transverse cuts on each leg. If desired, you can sprinkle the meat with a drop of wine or brandy for greater refinement.
- It would be good to marinate them in the refrigerator for several hours, or even a day, but if there is no such possibility, immediately proceed to baking.
- Splash some water on the bottom of the baking dish, put duck legs in it and tightly cover the form with foil. Put in the oven, preheated to 150 degrees, and bake for three hours, then remove the form from the oven and turn on the oven to maximum. In my case, this is 250 degrees in blown grill mode.
- Place the duck legs on the grate and brush with a brush or pour some fat from the bottom of the baking dish. Cook the duck legs in the oven for another 7-10 minutes, in the process a couple of times after smearing them with the contents of the form, and remove them when the skin turns ruddy and crunchy.