I know you have tried to cook pizza at home at least once in a lifetime. Am I right? Haven`t you had such experience? For example, I like cook it very much because it is so easy and very very tasty.
To cook a pizza is easier than fricassee, for example. As for me margherita pizza is the best kind of pizza ever. It is sort of classic pizza napoletana with simple components. This dish is named after Margherita of Savoy, Italian Queen consort at the end of the 19th century.
First cooked margherita pizza didn’t consist of garlic or for example basil. But this simple recipe was liked by ordinary people, most of them tried to reiterate it at home. As for me best homemade margherita pizza is the most delicious in the world. Maybe I was Italian in a past life?
I like pizza to be both juicy and crispy at the same time with big portion of cheese. Yeah, a lot of cheese. Someone tries to modernize classic formula but I’m not really experimenting.
How to make it?
It`s time to bake your best homemade margherita pizza! Now I`ll share with you my favorite recipe. It`s simple and I think even beginner in cooking will be able to create delicious dish.
Best Homemade Margherita Pizza
- 150 grams unbleached flour
- a half of teaspoon sugar
- a half of tablespoon of olive oil
- an quarter of dry yeast
- salt to taste
- 4 ounces of warm water (about 115 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Pizza topping shall include mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, garlic, black pepper, basil leaves, salt to taste.
- Let`s cook it on a standard oven without special preparation or special kitchen equipment. You need baking stone, wooden or metal pizza peel for the best quality of your homemade pizza margherita.
- Warm your oven up to 550 degrees Fahrenheit during 20-30 mi (duration of margherita pizza baking is about 8 min). It`s needed to make ready dough fo your dish by mixing of yeast, flour, salt and sugar, oil and water. The dough shall rise in a warm about 1.5-2 hours.
- Next step is to put the dough on special plate. It is useful to cover your future pizza with plastic wrap and waiting for 5-10 minutes. At this time you can be busy with other ingredients and after preparation you need to roll out the pastry, brush it with the olive oil, add tomato sauce and put pizza topping. Put it to the oven and serve it in 7-8 minutes.
- And one more small tip – only with pulling moisture, your best homemade margherita pizza will have crispy crusts.