Parties are always fun, especially when it is your party with your close friends!
That is why I decided to throw one as I finished with my finals in college.
But I had one problem – there was not that much snacks in my fridge and not enough time to go to the store.
At that exact moment I thought of something perfect – Classic Pepperoni Pizza.
Who would say no to a slice of homemade pizza that has a golden brown crust and favorite pepperoni toppings? Probably no one.
So, as you see, pizza is a perfect party snack and it is a good match when you do not have too much time. I can say that it is pretty easy too and I am ready to share all my secrets of the recipe of making it delicious!
Classic Pepperoni Pizza
- 1/2 cup water warm
- 2 1/2 tspn active yeast
- 1 tspn sugar
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tspn sugar
- 1 tspn fresh oregano
- 1 tspn fresh basil chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- 2 tbsp fresh basil or oregano leaves
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. First of all, you need to take a huge bowl for our future dough. Pour some hot water there and dissolve the yeast in it, within few minutes you may add warm water to keep the right temperature. Now you can add a flour and mix it all together to make it soft. It is better to add flour gradually in order to make it perfect. You will get it right if the dough is sticky.
- 2. Your next step is flouring a table so you can continue cooking. Take your dough and start kneading it until it gets elastic and non-rigid. Keep doing it for about six to eight minutes. After this step try to round in your pizza into a circle. Dividing your dough in three parts will not only give you more pizza but also will make them much thinner.
- 3. Next point is taking special pizza pans and greasing them with olive oil. The olive oil gives a perfect crust. Transfer the dough to already prepared pizza pans and it is ready for baking. Do it at 425° for tan to twelve minutes or better wait until it turns to golden brown.
- 4. At the same time you should start preparing a sauce. You need to get another bowl and mix there tomato sauce, olive oil, tomato paste, chopped garlic, onion, and spices like salt, sugar and pepper, chopped basil and fragrant oregano, sugar and a pinch of crushed pepper flakes, it is better to use red pepper. Put it on the crust and uniformly grease it. Do not forget to take out your pizza basis so it does not burn!
- 5. Now you are ready for the last step: putting on the toppings! At first, you need to sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and fresh oregano together with basil leaves, then put your pepperoni slices on the top; sprinkle it with some mozzarella cheese and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- 6. Put your Classic Pepperoni Pizza back into the oven for around ten to fifteen minutes or wait until cheese is melted.